City of Coeur d'Alene
"City of Excellence"
· Classes average about 120 hrs over 3- 4 months followed by a National Registry EMT Exam.
· Most fire departments don't offer classes without a post completion commitment as a volunteer following certification.
· Cost can average anywhere from $300.00 to $600.00 per class.
· The CDAFD doesn't offer public classes, only once you've been hired here.
· An EMT certification can help you get hired in many fire departments but you still need to apply and take a competitive civil service exam.
HOW DO I BECOME AN EMT?
OPTION- 1 : North Idaho Workforce Training Center:
EMTB & First Aid, Schedule Register or call 208-769-3333
OPTION- 2 : Spokane Community College: They run classes each quarter.
1-800-248- 5644 extension 8829 or 7034.
HOW DO I TRANSFER MY EMT FROM ANOTHER STATE TO IDAHO?
See STATE EMS Bureau Web Site.
System Development - Lewiston Office
1118 F Street / PO Box Drawer B
Lewiston, ID 83501
208-799-4390 or 208-799-3308
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer,
you can call Kootenai Fire & Rescue. ( 208-676- 8739 )