COEUR D'ALENE FIRE DEPARTMENT
320 FOSTER AVENUE
COEUR D'ALENE, IDAHO 83814
FAX: (208) 769-2343
CLASS "B" BURN PERMIT: YARD WASTE
This is only a SAMPLE form. This form needs to be signed by Fire Department personel.
FEE $2.00 Cash only please
PERMIT ISSUED TO: NAME:_______________________________________________________________
PHONE: ___________________ PERMIT NUMBER: _________
This permit is subject to the following requirements:
1. A yard waste and clean-up permit is good for the 10 days after the date issued.
2. The fire shall be a minimum of 50 feet from any structures or other combustible materials unless:
a. The pile is less than 2 feet high and 3 feet wide. Then 25 feet clearances will be adequate.
b. The material is in an approved burning appliance. Then 15 feet clearances will be adequate. IFC 307.3 - NO BURN BARRELS
3. Burning shall be conducted during daylight hours only. The fire must be totally out by dark. IFC 603.8.4
4. The fire shall be attended at all times. IFC 307.4
5. Attendant shall have a hose connected to a water supply and readily available at all times. IFC 307.4
6. The Fire Official is authorized to require that burning be immediately discontinued if smoke emissions are offensive to occupants or surrounding property. IFC 307.2.2
7. Permittee shall call 1-800-633-6247, Air Quality Hotline, each day before 9:00am. A recording will advise permittee of acceptable environmental conditions. Burning shall only be conducted on a "Green" day. IFC 307.2.1
ITEMS THAT CAN BE BURNED:
Dry pine needles, dry lawn clippings, dry garden waste, leaves, and tree limbs. Coeur d'Alene City Code 8.04.070
ITEMS THAT CANNOT BE BURNED:
Any type of plastics, rubber products, paint, paint cans, fiberglass products, carpeting, furniture, stumps, household garbage, and noncombustible or fire rated material. This permit is not for commercial logging debris.
If any of the above rules are violated, this permit will be revoked immediately, and you may be issued a citation for illegal burning.
I, the undersigned, do hereby assert that I am the applicant or authorized agent of the applicant for this permit. I have read, reviewed, and understand the conditions and requirements for this permit and agree to abide thereby. I authorized an inspection of my burn area.